Come To Seamore’s For The Oysters, Stay For The Fisherman’s Specials
September may be the best month to consume oysters, and Seamore’s in DUMBO may be the ideal location to do so. Owner Michael Chernow (of The Meatball Shop fame) opened his first Brooklyn outpost of Seamore’s this spring, and his particular knack for balancing chic and casual is even more finely honed here: The spot is whitewashed with Instagram-friendly pops of color, the crudo, sustainably sourced and accessible. And yes, while there are plenty of oysters on the menu, the other dishes Chernow recommends you order will make you feel like you just bought your dinner on a fishing dock out East.
– The Tuna Poke: It’s piled generously high and the ponzu, peanuts and avocado are peppered cohesively throughout.
– The Real Deal: Choose a sustainable fish (which can be traced back to an exact boat and fisherman in Montauk), a sauce (the charred scallion is divine), and three sides (which feature in-season produce).
– The Lobster Roll or Blackened Fish Burger: Both are seasoned to perfection, and served with Old Bay potato chips, making them a no-brainer.
– The Kale & Avocado Salad: Made extra-hearty with cubed sweet potatoes and avocado, and a salty-sweet dressing.
– The Crispy Fish Tacos: Simultaneously light and crunchy.
Chernow has always loved Brooklyn: “It’s been undergoing some really exciting changes for some time now,” he says, “and I’m excited to be a part of it.” And when pressed if there were other Brooklyn locations in the works, he mysteriously had nothing to share… for the moment.
- Seamore’s DUMBO
66 Water Street Between Main & Dock Street